How Physiotherapy can help
Have you recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis? Have you been living with it for a few years and struggling to manage your symptoms? Or, have you been suffering with ongoing hip, buttock or groin pain and putting it down to getting older?
At Fox Physiotherapy our expert team deals with osteoarthritis and hip pain on a daily basis, helping people like you take control of your symptoms and get back to the things you love to do.
We regularly see how much osteoarthritis and hip pain can negatively affect your quality of life, valued hobbies and activities and even disrupt your sense of self.
The good news is, there is plenty we can do to help. Below we outline some of the approaches we use here at Fox Physiotherapy to help people with hip pain caused by osteoarthritis to take back control of their life.
- Manual therapy: we use hands-on treatment techniques to alleviate hip pain and stiffness.
- Dry needling: we sometimes use dry needling to the surrounding muscles and soft tissues, which can help to relieve hip pain and soreness.
- Exercise: We prescribe strength based exercises to improve the health and durability of the many muscles that surround your hip. Strength training can also improve the health of the joint itself.
- Advise: we advise on daily activities, symptom management, return or continuation of hobbies and valued activities.
- Educate: we value spending time answering your questions and concerns. This is the value of having a 45 minute appointment over the standard 30 minutes. It is important for the person living with osteoarthritis and hip pain to fully understand the cause, the drivers of pain and how to best manage day to day.